View Single Post
Old 4th April 2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S View Post
MRC remapped mine slightly (changed something to deal with the extra torque) but said that it wasn't worth spending much time on IF all you want is quicker shifts... Something about it being a slow shifter. I think it's a bit of a lazy box but if anyone will know I guess it will be someone like MRC. Give them a bell. Won't cost anything to ask.

Mine is quite laggy in Sport mode as after the remap it just pulls like bu99ery all the way to the red line and when the TCU decides it needs to change gear, it's like someone has turned the engine off... Then the TCU makes its mind up to upchange a second later (which feels like 5 seconds when you're gunning it) and whoooaaaa..... off it gallops again toward the red line. I don't think you will ever get super speedy shifts from these older 6 speed boxes TBH.
Thanks for the info! That's good to know. It seems to be the type of car/gearbox that loves to pull real hard and then you relax of the acceleration a little for a gear change and put your foot down again and away you go again with the surge of torque.

It's just frustrating that we can't get the box to be more snappy. Plenty of companies claiming to change gear change to be more reactive but as you say there probably ain't much we can do with it.

Check the link below.

http://www.amdtuning.com/audi/a8s8/d...ftware-upgrade