View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S View Post
MRC remapped mine slightly (changed something to deal with the extra torque) but said that it wasn't worth spending much time on IF all you want is quicker shifts... Something about it being a slow shifter. I think it's a bit of a lazy box but if anyone will know I guess it will be someone like MRC. Give them a bell. Won't cost anything to ask.

Mine is quite laggy in Sport mode as after the remap it just pulls like bu99ery all the way to the red line and when the TCU decides it needs to change gear, it's like someone has turned the engine off... Then the TCU makes its mind up to upchange a second later (which feels like 5 seconds when you're gunning it) and whoooaaaa..... off it gallops again toward the red line. I don't think you will ever get super speedy shifts from these older 6 speed boxes TBH.
I don't know about anyone else but my auto box irritates me on occasions.

be interesting to hear your findings on the tcu map Lee, it bugs me that the box doesn't seem to use the torque of the V8 very well; like you want to give it a poke, rather than just riding the wave of torque you have to wait for it to decide it wants to downshift and it gets to a point where the revs are too far up there you're completely missing the torque band and your move ends up taking longer and feeling slower as a result.

Factory: finger print, tv, xenons, keyless entry & go, soft close boot, 19s, and probably lots more besides

Done: fixed headlight washer leak, fit Bluetooth in place of factory phone

To do: DAB, DTV, fix soft close boot, get a spare key, investigate NSF bushes,