View Single Post
Old 13th October 2015, 09:33 AM

I have discount codes for ECP and Halfords which make batteries a LOT cheaper than RRP. If you know someone local to you who works in a vaguely automotive field (mechanic, dealer employee, college staff at a tech college etc) then Halfords will happily provide you with a trade card.

I bought a battery for the S8 and it took the price down from £119 to £95.99, so 20% discount. That was for a Yuasa Silver

If you post your PR codes, assuming you don't have Etka access yourself, someone can check what the capacity of your battery should be so at least you know if you're getting the right one. Often if you rely on web site reg number look ups they will tell you what physically fits that they have in stock, but often the capacity isn't as high as the OEM.

From what I can see in Etka there's 2 main options:

J1U/J3E (BEM next to it?) = 95Ah/450A
J0Z/J3F (BEM again) = 110Ah/520A

Neil - are the battery management modules really almost £450 new?!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC