View Single Post
Old 12th June 2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
The other persons insurance company is paying about £4/500 a day for you to drive around in that car, enjoy.
£370 to be precise.

I'm not ungrateful, the insignia I drove a few years ago was yucky but...

That car is £45,000 ish with the options on it. That's ten times what I would spend on a car. for that it has to be good, no, make that great. It's ok but if it was something I'd just got off the fore court for that money I would be kicking myself. Not worth it. A manual TT V6 rs, an S4 maybe, now that's a different matter.

In comparison to an S8 from £3-6k it's laughable. The whole status thing of driving a new car would have to matter to me, if that was the case i'd have a 997 carrera 2s on a private plate.

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.