View Single Post
Old 9th April 2019, 07:35 PM

Some interesting reading guys.

Goran I echo your comments regarding the big LS lumps. There’s something really appealing about a big powerful NA American lump. I was following a thread on another forum a few years back and the guy managed to spin a bearing on his e90 m3 and went with an LS unit. It sounded immense. I never saw it complete though as the thread dried up

That got me thinking today, how easy, or hard, would it be to increase the power on the standard s8 engine without going forced induction? Is it even possible? I would love to get the power up to 400bhp, possibly manual conversion, increased Rev limit to 8k+. If I was take it to a motorsport shop could they make custom headers, different cam profiles, forged pistons etc? Imagine a higher revving, screaming S8 with a manual trans

So....can it be done? Actually as I’m typing I realise the engine already exists....well sort of the v8 in the B7 RS4. They do apparently suffer from coking up quite badly from what I hear and never make stock power figures. Hmmmm

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White