View Single Post
Old 7th December 2017, 08:27 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post

As for Nicehash.....people have been warned and warned about leaving things on servers, though given the amount the crooks either swiped the Nicehash bank or had a lot of time to sweep users. I'm guessing the former and WHAT company leaves that sort of exposure online ???
I think another mistake they made (assuming it doesn't turn out to be an inside job) was not changing the payout thresholds to keep up with the price of BTC. The weekly 'pot' must've been getting larger and larger. When I first started using NiceHash, you would receive a payout if your earnings exceeded 0.1 BTC before the scheduled weekly payout day. 0.1 BTC back then was around £100 or less, presently it's over £1,000. I was averaging about £500 per week, so I was probably up to about £400 at the time of the hack. Can't complain I guess; my miners are heating the house regardless. I've really just lost a few day's earnings.

Presently I'm using Prohashing for my L3+ miners, KanoPool for my S9 and poolmining.org for my D3. I've just started trialling WinMiner for my GPU rigs -- seems ok so far but I'm not sure if the earnings are as high as they were on NiceHash.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust