View Single Post
Old 26th April 2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
I don't think those guides reflect true market value for older and rarer cars, they might be correct 3 year old Golf but I am not so sure about D2. Give them couple of examples of comparable cars for sale and any reasons why you think your car is worth

This a bit late for you now but could be of use for somebody else, you can register for a free Audi Ensurance, and in the case of accident they will deal with insurers on your behalf. https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/ensurance
I agree. The value they give should be able to buy you a replacement vehicle which is similar in age and condition. This might even be stated in your insurance T&Cs so would pay to double check what it says. As the D2 is rare then the guides won't reflect the true market value. I couldn't see many D2 2.8 Sports and they were all about £3k (one was more but had rather low mileage).

I used the Audi Ensurance with my claim but found them to be no real help in gaining a proper valuation. They just had no care and almost insisted I took the offer, I still had to fight for a proper valuation. The only good thing was that I had a nice D4 as a loan for several weeks (at £302 per day!).
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)