View Single Post
Old 8th September 2017, 04:20 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS6 View Post
Moltuae, is your current S8 stock? ever tempted to see what its running?
It is stock. It would be tempting to know but, coming from my previous 4.2 A8s, which were dyno'd (but less powerful), the noticeable difference in the S8's power seems about right for the rated power.

I know a few garages with rolling roads. In fact I used to repair and maintain their rolling roads for them, but most of those aren't 4-wheel dynos. I do know one owner of a 4-wheel dyno but it's never been properly maintained or calibrated so I wouldn't trust its accuracy.

I am considering investing in a new 'sportier' exhaust system some time in the next year or two, so I might be tempted to pay for a 'before and after' roll, if I can find a local garage with a decent 4-wheel dyno.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust