View Single Post
Old 17th September 2019, 02:52 PM

Its weird, the motor must have a ground connection as it runs on solar. I've checked using a multimeter and all seems fine with regards to the incoming voltage.

I actually drove the D3 to hertfordshire last weekend, 350 mile round trip and on the Dorset to Herts leg the A/C actually came on around Winchester for 5 minutes and I had full control of the fan speed from the A/C controls. Get to Basingstoke and it's off again and did not work anytime after that when driving during the whole weekend except on solar.

If the sky is clear, the fan continues on solar power pumping a very small amount of lovely cool air into the cabin even whilst driving.

You are right, it sounds power related but no amount of wire wiggling in the blower motor housing, or even behind the climate controller gets it working again.

No fan fault listed in VCDS, just the implausible signal because the unit is trying to run the fan but it is drawing 0 amps.

Tempted to buy an aftermarket new unit from Germany to see what happens, but that's just under £100 plus delivery.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles

Last edited by mannyo; 17th September 2019 at 02:54 PM.