View Single Post
Old 15th January 2018, 06:11 PM

Back in the day some 10 years ago I bent a OEM wheel on my first S4 on a pot-hole..... at the time it was cheaper to buy a full set of new style RS4 replicas than one OEM replacement, so not wanting to trust a straightened and welded repair I chanced the replicas.

They were fine, good finish, good fit (needed a spigot ring and different bolts, which were supplied in the cost). They did the next 60k miles (fuel was cheaper) and when I sold the car the dealer asked me to leave them on!

The supplier had wrapped my original wheels in plastic packaging for me, so when I bought by D3 and wanted some winter wheels, noticing that the B6 S4 wheel was the OWN size for D3 winters I got them out. Welded, powder coated and new tyres they served as my winter wheels for a number of years refurbished on my D3, doing easily over 50k. They ran true and straight, no wobble, no issues. I sold the car, the wheels went to a D2 owner last year!

What I learn was that not all replicas are bad. Not all welded repairs will fail. Many people on the internet say both will kill you, they may be right, but not always

The supplier of my reps was https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/, but please do your own research and talk to the supplier and look at the rims, a lot can change in 10 years