View Single Post
Old 11th December 2018, 11:56 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Thanks again MJ, especially for arranging those Eibach springs to be despatched so quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Audi Tradition have a large selection of those springs, it's quite likely that those German sites can source from them.

I did that successfully recently (as Audi Tradition's processes for buying direct are very broke, or were) using online-teile (Logistikzentrum Lehrte).

Edit: Audi Tradition is still broken for UK orders, I just tried to buy a 2019 calendar and got the usual "PayPal not available" message when choosing Cedit Card and entering my card details (NOT PayPal account).
Thanks Andrew.

I noticed AT were showing some in stock too. I actually contacted them recently to ask them about the online ordering issue/error, to which I got this reply a few days later (6th Dec):

Quote:
Thank you for your e-mail.

You can register your company in our Audi Tradition online shop under the following link:

https://trshop.audi.com/konakart/Cus...95040.tomcat01

We ask you to fill this form including the VAT number of your company.

Please fill the box "I want to be authenticated as commercial customers".

As a commercial customer you have the benefit of 10% discount.

We hope this information is helpful for you. If you have further questions, out team will gladly assist you.

Yours sincerely,

On behalf of Auto Union GmbH

Sybille Dietrich
I immediately re-registered with them, using my business name, VAT number, etc but have heard nothing since. My business is IT-related though, so maybe MJ or someone with an automotive-related business will have better luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Probably not, most of the adjustable coilover market is centered about lowering so most of the kits are 30mm lower than standard suspension on the highest setting which translates to 10mm lower on sports suspension.

My experience is only with cheap German https://www.tatechnix.de/tatechnix/gx/ set on A6. Putting a set on highest setting with extra 5mm washers resulted in drop pf 15mm front and 10mm rear compared to 15 year old sports suspensions which was kind of OK. 2 years later they have settled down another ~15mm and now it is way too low catching on everything and no more way to adjust them higher. Not sure where to go from here, considering welding in 20-25mm extra piece in the bottom of shocks to raise it up.
Thanks Ainars, I thought that might be the case.

I spoke to a few coilover suppliers this morning and they seemed to confirm that too, although most were a bit unsure if the minimum lowering was a figure relative to the A8 or the S8. Since the S8 is often listed as an A8 (as far as parts go), I wonder if some 'A8' coilovers on the highest setting would result in a similar to standard (S8) ride-height

I might make some more enquiries in the coming weeks to see if I can get a definitive answer from any of the coilover manufacturers. For now at least, I'll stick with the Eibach springs.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 11th December 2018 at 11:58 AM.