View Single Post
Old 21st June 2017, 12:31 PM

OK, so

Rear glass. These are just pushed in, but dont grab just one corner, get all 8 fingers tucked in and start pulling gently.

Quarter glass. This is where you need to open the rear door and start from the bottom by sliding a long flat head screwdriver, wrap the end with a tape, ideally cotton tape, 2-3 layers. DO NOT pry too hard !!! If you bend it too much, and there is not much tolerance, chrome will go funny, will look crap and banding it back won't help.
At the bottom you have two clips and on the curved side 3 clips. When you undo the bottom ones, you will be able to do this by hand from now on, but again, be gentle - you will kind of have to find your own way of doing it, my way works and no damage done.

Door is a little time consuming.
You will need the glass out which is possible without removing the window frame (I did this on Saturday), but its a bit tricky.
Remove the door card.
Unscrew the window motor and remove.
Remove two black rubber caps at the top of the alu panel.
By hand slide the window down until you see 2 torx bolts.
Undo them and push the window back up.
Window guide/track on the door hinge side has two bolts fixing it onto the door shell, remove only the bottom one (Torx).
When you do that remove the rubber seal as far up as possible from the track/guide before sliding glass all the way to the bottom. It will require a little force to jump over the kinked seal.
Then by pushing the track out of the way a little and playing with the glass you will end up with a free glass inside the door.
You want the door latch side top corner to come out first, it wont work the other way round.
They behind the chrome trim you will see plastic push pins securing the trim, there is 5 of them.
You need to first pull out the middle pin in order to release the clip, be slow and patient, they are easy to loose forever inside the door.
One end one is tricky, but with torch you will be able to get to it.

Otherwise you will have to remove the entire window frame and then realign if you don't want to do it my way.

I will get you pics off all them in 10 minutes so you can see where the fixing points are as I am changing my trims as well as we speak.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten