View Single Post
Old 7th May 2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian View Post
i'd love to supercharge it but the costs........
Sell your children, or better still, your neighbours children.

On a more sensible note, you're right, the costs would be mental, did I read somewhere that the S8's lump is near the limit of what the crank and tranny will cope with? If so that would be new everything required. In that case I have an evil thought to plant in your mind. A long block Chevy V8 with 502hp out of the crate plus a transmission to cope with it would be around £6500. You work with people that could fabricate the engine and tranny mounts for you. I'm not saying now but should you ever get bored.....

For now the suggestion of Nitrous Oxide has it's charms and with a good installer it can be very good value for money for an extra 70 bhp and very good fun.

BTW, Well done Conan You popped your cherry

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.