View Single Post
Old 15th January 2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Ok a mini how-to for CV boots, albeit with the driveshafts off the car which makes it soooo much easier!

The joint itself is good. No water ingress or dirt in there so fine to re-use it

Help, or at least peace of mind required. Have used this thread a number of times whilst undertaking suspension refresh, CV boot replacement. I am on my 4th CV boot replacement and having lost my notes on what I have done before, have had a little wobble over the orientation of the 'races' (hope that's right). Considering I have done this three times before you would think I would remember.

The joint on this drive shaft came off particularly easy - good old whack in the special spot. Took apart, cleaned, laid out and replaced as pic: - noting that the thinner leading edge of the (inner race?) facing up

Now this joint was a particular PIA to get back on, extra assistance with mallet required. Question is, have I got the orientation of the (race's) the right way, it sort of looks like your pic MJ but just having a wobble as I have done the others this way

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220115_143526.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	27666
Audi S8 2002 FE Avus Silver / Extended Red Leather.
Daily Driver: BMW 3 series GT - Just more practical for my camping trips!