View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2015, 07:11 PM

Only my boot is soft close.

The issues happened Saturday morning, started the '8 up and MMI didn't work - no screen no music no warnings.

About 2 mins later the MMI screen moved up and the radio came on, but there was an audible pop coming from the speakers then a click from a relay in the boot. The MMI screen started blanking and resetting once every two mins or so.... Just what I needed on a busy weekend!

I did what I had to do then parked up, engine off, and got VCDS. Battery now was at 40% and the clicking was still going (probably the Bose DSP switching on / off and draining the battery)

At this stage I couldn't access any of the modules on the MOST loop in VCDS and the MMI would not work in the car, either the Bose DSP is faulting or the energy management has turned it off.

I was worried I'd get a flat battery so drove the car to parents driveway where I started to investigate the MOST modules, as I thought that was the issue. I removed the Bose DSP from the loop and all was ok, no relay clicking & MMI behaved normal now just without sound. Added it back into the MOST loop and no MMI problems, sound is normal no audible pop.

Scratch my head a bit and deduce it's probably a battery issue, which is where I had to leave the problem for now. I'll get a charger on the battery tomorrow evening and take it from there. Hopefully will get the soft close boot back

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,