View Single Post
Old 10th May 2019, 01:38 PM

Not the same engine, but a similar set-up, I came across this review:

https://www.caradvice.com.au/365360/...rm-report-one/

It lists pluses and minuses at the top, and one of the minuses is "S tronic gearbox can be a bit slow off the mark". Further down the article you get the following:

As we’ve written in the past, the dual-clutch transmission has some hesitancy from a standstill, but once you learn how the gearbox wants to behave it is easy to counteract in most circumstances. There are, however, moments when you plant your foot and seemingly wait a little longer than you’d hope for the initial progress to be made – crossing intersections, for instance.

I have no idea how these DSG gearboxes work, but also found this comment elsewhere:

S holds the box in gear on the clutch so when you hit the throttle it just engages the clutch and goes. D holds the box in neutral so you have a slight delay but you barely notice it (the clutches are very quick in a DSG). Not really checked which M does.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds