View Single Post
Old 27th November 2018, 12:16 PM

Went through all this a few years ago with my D3, I wouldn't trust anybody in Ireland to do it properly, there is a ZF dealer in Meath, they would sell me the stuff but wouldnt do the job. Audi were worse than useless, even trying to ascertain which fluid to use and if a tcm software update was required was a major pain, it needs a machine to do a proper flush of the TC, and many many litres of expensive fluid, dropping the pan and just changing a few litres is no good (for me anyway). There was 3 types of fluid iirc, and the latest fluid required a software update if you didnt already have it.

I contemplated a road trip around Germany stopping in Dusseldorf to get ZF to do it, but never bothered, the ZF price was quite good by the way, they spoke good english and were happy to do it. I remember one or two places in UK/Scotland being recommended also by folks on here. It was such a pain trying to figure out locally/DIY I just left it alone and sold the car with a perfect gearbox @ 220000 miles.