View Single Post
Old 28th July 2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
But we still have to leave the comfort of our car to fill it up?
I suppose its progress of sorts...... How about having a person near the pumps who actually fills it up for you, offers to check your oil and gives your windscreen a smeary wipe? Now THAT would be progress. We could call them pump attendants!

I had a full on toot at some poor cashier the other day as the card only pump wouldnt unlock until, as stated clearly, I "swiped" my Tesco card. I got her out of the comfort of her booth to do it and she said you hold it steady in front of the scanner - not move it. I said it clearly states you SWIPE it and that they should provide less ambiguous intructions. Exit one grumpy cashier stage left. I however, felt much better. Mrs D was cringing in the car.

Rant over. Off to get my coat now.
Ah pump attendants whatever happened to those.
I suppose health and safety would not allow you to do it nowadays as there is a risk of being run over, punched in the face and run over, burned and run over or just plane and simple inhalation of fumes.

And what if you don't have a Tesco card?.

I reckon if Shell were to stop all the leaks in their pipework their fuel could be a lot cheaper.

Also think that if you spill it you clear it up rather than just argue for years over how much to pay locals for ruining their lives and the world they live in. That's not just shell that's all oil companies.

Bright yellow bus o love.