View Single Post
Old 26th July 2016, 12:15 PM

Default Drains again

So recently I was up in Orkney visiting the family and typically it ****ed down while I was there, and I was unfortunate enough to find the sunroof drains had become blocked since my last cleaning.

So i managed to clear them with a bit of hose and a lot of huffing and puffing, me blowing down the drains.

I then popped the bonnet to find the scuttle area 3 inches deep in water too

Luckily I was parked on a steep hill so the water never made it inside the car through the air blower and I sucked it dry with a vax, took 3 fills of the vax to empty it

I had no tools with me so had to go to a local garage and borrow their stuff, I tried looking from below over the pit and the belly shields taken off but there is nothing to be seen down there.

I then made a long blow pipe from copper brake hose attached to a blow gun and bent the end over at 90 and fed that under the Pollen filter box and blasted hell out of it until i got the remaining water (still raining) to drain out the bottom.

Anyway since then I am back home and had a look at the drains again with nice dry weather.

With the scuttle covers off I have since found you can actually see one of the drain tube pieces on the passenger side of the car.

I then used my trusted bug spray tool that i made up for the sunroof to jet some soapy water down the hole and clean it out.

If you look in from the passenger side there is a couple of hoses and valves next to pollen filter box and if you go in through where i have in the picture you can move the hose down enough to see the drain hole.

Then you can manipulate the end of the hose down the hole and flush it through.

For the price of a bug spray bottle, don't leave your drains to chance it will bite you on the ass one day if you don't take care of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4290.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	853.1 KB
ID:	13870   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4288.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	13871   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4285.jpg
Views:	689