View Single Post
Old 24th March 2018, 06:49 PM

When I had this issues with blocked drains and wet carpets as a result, I following these steps, in this sequence:

1) Get some old dry towels, laid flat on top of the carpets, to soak up/get rid of most of the surface moisture on the carpets

2) Turned over the carpets, used the flat bladed plastic edge of an ice scraper (gently!) to squeeze out most of the moisture from the foam backing of the carpet: if you're not gentle doing this, then foam will fray, so care is needed

3) Repeat step 2), but on the surface of the carpet - if there is still any significant moisture in the pile

4) Repeat step 1) again

5), Leave carpets in boiler/radiator cupboard to dry out - I did this for about a week.

After this, all was well, no residual damp or staining to the carpets, so all good

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.