View Single Post
Old 24th January 2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimarvel View Post
and the second question, do you get any creak from behind dash when going over a speed bump and outside temperature is very cold. This second question I have researched but every angle points to a suspension issue....which it isn't. Stranger is that if I start the car without driving it, just allowing it to reach temperature, it's silent....as it is in the summer. Just wondered if you have either of these issues too.
I think you'll find this is likely to be top mounts, I've had this on my S4s before and its all on account of the heavy front engine over the struts (which is why the rear doesnt creak) - I had my first S4 taken apart to find the issue and its just where the rubber gets so cold in winter, as soon as it starts moving and heat radiates through the front of the car it disappeared.

It sounds even worse if you have polybushes as I have the same issue but much more amplified with the Track TT, its almost deafening but does go away. Sounds like a loud wet creaking if you will, like something from a boat