View Single Post
Old 11th April 2024, 01:36 PM

So...... an update.

Got the NOS unit from the US but unfortunately it arrived with a broken vacuum pod. Seller was super helpful, perhaps a little too helpful and refunded me the cost of a new one which I got from sccuderia (£130).

The used unit I bought on Ebay which came from Germany (£180) ish seems to be in perfect working order. I've checked it with a hand held vacuum pump and all seems good and the flaps move nice and freely. I gave it a lick of paint to smarten it up a little.

After exploring my options I've decided to fit the German one for now. It wasn't my easiest of decisions as I'm a bit OCD about maintaining the car but financially it makes sense. Whilst ever I keep the US unit new it will maintain some value. Once fitted to the car it will obviously just become part of the car and it's value (£1400) will be lost.

I hope I don't live to regret that decision.

The other main reason for fitting the used unit is because I'm getting increasingly frustrated about how difficult it is becoming to find parts for the S8. My OCD is quite severe when it comes to maintaining my vehicle's. It's kind of my hobby and not being able to do it correctly bothers me. Consequently I keep flip flopping between keeping and selling the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240411_142749_Gallery.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	30198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240411_142516_Gallery.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	648.4 KB
ID:	30199