View Single Post
Old 21st June 2010, 11:56 PM

Oh yes, those were the days...... skinny 5.90 x 13 crossplys as standard, that Rapier used to break traction at the rear wonderfully if you wnted to 'lay rubber' from 1st to 3rd gear with overdrive flicked in (gear 3 & 4)

I learnt the art of double declutching, heeling & toeing, as well as opposite lock with my dad in the passenger seat... (pre test)
that car would go anywhere on ice or snow..... one of the few advantages of skinny crossplies. Only the flash b*ggers had their 175 13's!

First thing I did with the Rover was fit ER70 VR15 Jag tyres,as they were a nice fit on the Rover chrome Magnum wheels (not rostyles as most call them in error) and koni coil overs, which really helped the stability in corners and throttle steering...

I also had a Sunbeam Talbot 90, an Austin Healey 3000, Humber desert hawk, Jensen Interceptor (when they couldn't give them away), a brief flirtation with an Aston V8, and a Lagonda....

It would be utterley marvellous to talk absolute total & complete bollox at a meet.... I'm going to try to make it to the proposed SW meet, though I can't guarantee it..

Aaah, I'll always remember, on my motorcycle test, I made a small error and used the Bollox word at the top of my voice, the examiner being a vicar...
He pulled me on that, and informed me that the word allegedly referred to a group of de-frocked priests...... and then passed me.

Other vehicles
1968 Rover P5B Coupe (Modified & V-Quick, but I have to sell this now ... Boo Hoo!)
'92 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 (Petrol) Super Exceed (Gone now)
'06 Harley Davidson Night Train
Oh Yes....... The '98 PF S8!