Thread: Wheel Spacers
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2018, 09:45 PM

There are two models of Eagle F1 on the market at the moment - the Asymmetric 2 and 3. 2s are becoming a little thin on the ground and are NLA in some sizes since 3 is the replacement.

The 2 is a splendid tyre - we have them on the TT in 225 45 18 and it sticks like glue. They're quiet and pretty good in the wet too. We should see 10-12K (15-18 months) from them which is acceptable for a performance tyre.

I bought the Asymmetric 3 for the S8 in 245 45 18, thinking they would be 'one better' than the 2s, but I was gravely disappointed. They're the ones I described as 'tractor tyres' - they're soggy and bouncy and have little to no feedback, and they're pretty noisy. Plus they have a very ugly balloon-like sidewall so they make me cross every time I look at them.

I've just bought a set of Asymmetric 2s in 255 35 20 for the S8 and at least they have a good looking sidewall like the TT tyres do They won't be scrubbed in until I get to the annual meet though so its too early to tell how the S8 will behave on them.

The 18" Asymmetric 3s will be summer tyres for the Allroad.