View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 04:19 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
But now they are out of production, their successor is Pilot Sport 4s which I haven't tried yet, the reviews are great.
PS4s are my current summer tyres. I got them (brand new) last summer so this summer will the second use (just switched back to them a few weeks ago after running Michelin Alpins over winter). They're a very good tyre, in my experience. They're at least as good as the Pilot Super Sports, as you might expect. They're one of the best tyres available (if not the best) in terms of wet and dry grip and stopping distances which, IMO, are THE most important tyre qualities. I care much less about tyre noise, fuel economy and price. I'd rather have the best stopping distances money can buy (within reason). You never know when those few extra metres could be the difference between life and death.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust