Thread: RNS-D coding
View Single Post
Old 16th April 2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiseuk View Post
Does anyone have a list of coding options for the RNS-D?
Somewhere, will have a hunt.....

Edit: Some web stuff on hidden options. http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads...options.26678/

Some comments on TV coding:
Quote:
The adaptation itself wasn't too hard. Huge thanks to @olds_kool for sharing the RNS-D programming guide.

The solution is to go to Module 37 - Navigation and check channel 7.

7 Option Coding: (see note below) (D-Navi) 0 No options.
1 Logbook installed.
2 Multi-Function Wheel installed (CANbus based).
4 TV Tuner installed. (B version)
8 Voice Command Module installed.

Note that for adaption channel 7, you add these functions to come up with the number. For example if you have a TV tuner and multifunction wheel, you'd enter 6 (2+4=6). Voice recognition and Logbook would be 9 (1+8=9).

I reprogrammed it to value of 4 this way I have enabled the tuner option for the RNS-D to work with the adapter.

The second step was to reprogram the instrument cluster in module 17 - Instruments in block/channel 140.

Below are the codes:

Binary Value Function
1 Radio
2 Telephone
4 Navigation
8 Telematics

You add the values together to come up with the code. Most cars need Radio and Navigation, so the correct number is 5 (1 + 4). If you have the Audi phone in your car, then the correct number would be 7 (1+2+4).

My car is equipped with 1, 2 and 4 originally but I needed Telematics so another 8. So value of 15 into channel 140 of module no. 17.
And attached are a couple of similar PDF's on coding for Bose etc..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf d2 radio coding.pdf (72.5 KB, 330 views)
File Type: pdf Radio coding.pdf (28.1 KB, 315 views)
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 16th April 2017 at 11:11 AM.