View Single Post
Old 29th September 2018, 05:34 PM

It does not matter what you are buying, you can buy anything what's on Amazon. The basic idea is that people with gift cards that do not want to buy anything themselves and would prefer BTC/BCH instead use their gift cards to buy stuff for you as a gift and you pay them discounted rate in BTC/BCH with the purse.io acting as connecting platform. Some buyers have large feedback/ lots of items bought, I am not sure any normal person would have access to that much gift cards so I suspect there might be some dodgy business going on either stolen gift cards or debit/credit cards used to buy stuff for you. Or maybe just credit cards used that never get paid back. I am sure part of the transactions are genuine and legitimate but there is probably a part that are questionable so it's up to your morality compass to decide if you want to use it or not.

As far as I can see your funds are safe as they are placed in Escrow style hold when somebody accepts your order and they only receive BTC/BCH when you confirm delivery or if it times out without any issues raised from you.

There is obviously no guarantee that your order will be accepted quickly or at all if you go for max discount, but out of my 2 max discount offers 1st was accepted after 3 days and 2nd in couple of hours. I suppose that also depends on the value of order. On one side many would like to maximise the value of deal, on another side not everybody will have large value gift cards available so less potential orderers for large values.

You can also see other orders and filter by country or BTC/BCH and decide where you want to place yours in terms of discount depending on how soon you want it to be accepted.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 29th September 2018 at 05:43 PM.