View Single Post
Old 21st October 2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
If I had a PC that I could install something in, it would help. The work PC is an old Core2 duo and the last time I really played with PC hardware at home it was for home cinema stuff and that's probably way out of date. I use a HP micro server as a media unit with a custom linux distro which is probably my newest thing besides my laptop and they're not really recomended
Pretty much any PC will do if it has 1 or even better more PCI-e slots, space and enough power supply. Newer motherboard/CPU/RAM will mean less power consumption but the old still work fine and does not affect income. For example my old motherboard with the rest of hardware would consume 100W or £8/month before adding any video cards, the modern ones do half of that 50W/£4/month. I am still running 2 video cards off it now but it's not generating much profit, mostly used as testbed, flashing modded BIOSes to video cards ect. But it still does something like £60 income with £32 electricity costs.

Quote:
I use a HP micro server as a media unit with a custom linux distro which is probably my newest thing besides my laptop and they're not really recomended!
I also have HP Microserver and my plan is to migrate 2 of my GTX 1080Ti to run from it externally but due to other priorities this has been delayed, possibly add a 3rd one later.

Quote:
I do in that sense have an office i could put something in, getting close to winter and this place could use some heating
GPU's are OK for heating but ASICS are way to much noisy to use them directly.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure