Thread: Blocked Drains
View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2012, 07:15 PM

Following my conversation today with Richard regarding the drains I decided to check the condition of mine. I knew they weren't completely blocked as water did run through but I never realised they were as bad as they were.

This is the bulkhead drains

The good news is you can access them from below the vehicle if you can raise the vehicle high enough, the bad news is you will need a ramp, the good news is I have a ramp

I'm sure next you take your car in for an MOT and speak nicely to the examiner they will clean the pipes for you as it only takes a couple of minutes with a long screwdriver or similar tool to prod the crud out.

The good news is nothing needs to be removed to do this from underneath the vehicle. With the vehicle raised locate the gearbox mountings, then looking slightly towards the front of the vehicle on the transmission tunnel you should be able to see the pipes

This is the off-side

The near side looks easier to gain access, but the exhaust gets in the way so a long screwdriver was used to clear the rubbish out.
I then stuck the vacuum cleaner into the end of the pipes and sucked through any crap that was remaining.

A couple of pictures of my illuminations

On another forum someone was asking how I got the electricity into the garage, I replied it was connected to the street lighting. Next day he sent me a pm asking if I could supply him with the details of how to connect a cable to the street lights

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro

Last edited by 47p2; 22nd September 2012 at 08:02 PM.