View Single Post
Old 16th October 2020, 07:11 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
Absolutely amazing work there MJ!.... I find the clever thinking of getting the bolts out etc even more satisfying. It's these jobs that distinguishes a skilled mechanic from a bodge artist.
I’ve followed one of Michaela’s threads on my own car - it’s amazing! The 200 or so photos that accompanied the thread were a daily thrill!

But the huge difference is that, had I taken my car to anyone else to get the chain tensioners sorted, that’s what I would have got (hopefully). Michaela did the job and sorted a host of issues along the way with some ingenious solutions, some of which that would have thwarted most mechanics.

But she also addressed and fixed everything else that she found along the way (and not just engine related stuff). She even cleaned the whole engine bay before she put it and the box back, and repainted my inlet manifolds.

The car news runs like a dream - with well over 190K miles on the clock.

Michaela is not just a skilled mechanic - she’s a genius, a perfectionist and an artist. And also a selfless sharer of all her knowledge. IMHO, one of the greatest assets (if not THE greatest asset) to this forum.

Hope you’re not too embarrassed, Michaela
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).