View Single Post
Old 5th January 2020, 08:09 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
In what respect did it not fit?

As for the other grommets you tried, what's involved in disconnecting the cables/pipes and routing through the grommets?
Is one end easier than another or did you take whole sections out? Any cutting and reconnecting involved?
The first grommet was too small to fit the hole and the hole in the grommet was way too small for the cables to fit through it.

As for routing the grommets you have the remove all the trim directly under the hole in the quarter panel, then disconnect the battery, cut the cable, feed it through all the grommets and resolder each wire back together. It took me about 30mins all in total. I also used some sillicone grease to lube everything to make it all go smooth.

To get the big audi grommet, if you are in the breakers yard all you need is a pair of big wire cutters or a metal hacksaw and cut the cable and grommet just comes off.

This is its location on the car:

With the Suzuki grommet you just have to unscrew he rear bumper lights cover then remove the light itself and the grommet is behind it. This grommet doesn't fit as well as the audi one but there's nothing that I could find which fit it better. All the smaller grommets in VAG cars tend to be oval shaped and not perfect circles.

Last edited by Ronin; 5th January 2020 at 08:17 PM.