View Single Post
Old 17th July 2017, 10:08 AM

Thanks for the sleuthing. I think you're right in that the left and right struts are different. I had a look on flea-bay. There are struts (used) for pretty reasonable money, circa £100. I'm starting to think along the lines of getting a newer A8 with the 4.2 tdi. The ticking from the engine annoys me but the thought of stripping the whole engine out and paying hundreds for parts to fix it isn't too appealing. If I'm not keeping the car long term I'm happy to spend less on a used part than forking out for new.

Measurements from this morning for the suspension. NSF exactly the same as yesterday, all the other ones seem to have risen by 5mm. Given the car is in jacking mode they shouldn't have changed at all by my reckoning. Perhaps its the difference in temperature. It was 14 degrees yesterday and 18 today in the sun. cant imagine that small difference changing the height though.

I'm not sure that this proves anything at any rate. I'm going to start running the car in comfort mode and see if it still puts the warning light on the dash every morning. I've always thoght that it looks ridiculously high in comfort mode though, hence why I always run it in dynamic. Still, in the interests of a diagnosis i will put up with it.

gill