View Single Post
Old 7th November 2020, 09:47 PM

You will struggle trying to get the pin (skc) code from the cluster. If you read the small print many of the advertised units on ebay that claims to be able to get the code (and there are many) won't do this generation of cluster.

I spent months looking for a diy solution and for every claim on the net of someone successfully using vag com to get the pin from this generation of cluster there are horror stories of others bricking there clusters using the same kit.

High end readers (£1500+) were all I could find that had good reviews. Arbites? or something similar sounding.

I'm not sure how to put a link in this post but if you find my recent post about the centre colour display, there is a company who says they can transfer all the data from one cluster to the other.

Just as a word of caution. On my old (2002) A4 with the same generation of cluster, I tried one of the eBay readers. Not a particularly cheap one (£200) and it broke my cluster. Seller gave me a refund and claimed that the reader wasn't able to decode Immo3. Although on the listing it says it could. I recovered from this but it took me weeks and lots more research.