View Single Post
Old 4th May 2020, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanker View Post
Thanks
At first, I couldn't see it but upon closer inspection, I see it tucked up in the top right corner. Looks perfect on a dark car.
I'm not sure how it would look against a contrasting colour.

Is the camera very useful, fairly useful or do you find yourself not using it that often?

What is the quality of the reversing video like on the screen? If you still plan to do a video of the unit in use, please can you show us the reversing camera in action too along with the other features?

Cheers.
Yesterday was the first time I went to see the car in over a month because of the virus so I didn't have time for the video as I had to jump start it and pump the tires up & take it for a drive.

I find the camera very useful especially for backing up really close to another static object. Its much more accurate than parking sensors. The video quality is as good as my 2018 Hyundai but im getting some noise in the picture which I will try to mitigate with ferrites. This is down to car's electrical system rather than camera/head unit. There is also a way to make the grid lines move and adjust them but it requries the factory settings pin.

There is an option to use a USB reverse camera with an added bonus of recording like a front facing dash cam, but the current choice of cameras is very limited and most of them look like crap. The rear camera I have can also be had in chrome finish which i think is really cool if you have an S8 with aluminium wing mirrors its a nice little touch for the camera to match them.

The DVD/CD playback function works, but some DVD's don't work as they are region locked, I'm tryting to find the factory settings pin for the radio to try and set it to UK so that all DVD's work.

Also after some A/B testing I found that the capacitors & resistors I added to the loom to get rid of pops when car is turned on/off or the head unit muted make the audio really 'flat' as they are pretty much like a crossover on a hifi system. 80% of people would not notice this but it really bugs me so I will be going back to the drawing board with this and probably use a timed realy,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sku_916478429_1.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	23247   Click image for larger version

Name:	YuanTing-Car-Rear-View-Camera-IR-Night-Vision-Reversing-Auto-Parking-CCD-Waterproof-Chrome-170-D.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	23248