View Single Post
Old 17th July 2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Great to hear a good news story and you will always get a good feeling when you get something sorted. What a bodged job that was! And a big to you for the determination to get it (and other issues) done. Over the past year I have had some issues sorted (control arms, brakes, discs, cats, etc etc sorted) and having been away for two weeks I took the '8 for a (very) spirited drive to remove the rust from the brakes and I was grinning like the proverbial Cheshire cat all the way through.
Tell me about it - apparently the garage has heard stories of the gaskets warping hence some people feel the need to involve sealant but I think that may exacerbate any underlying issues rather than rectify them!

Seems like you've already done the things on my list, I will be looking for a full front arm kit in due course (TRW / Lemforder / Meyle HD) but everything else, bar the exhaust, seems to be running well now.

I had Mr Exhaust look at my car in detail today, the team have suggested new flexi sections, new backbox and pipe, delete the centre box and put sports cats in place so I'm waiting for a quote now. I just want a tiny bit more grunt, both audible and in driving feel. Although mine is the lowly V6 I think it'd benefit from the upgrade, especially as the original exhaust is showing it's age in many places now!

2002 Audi A8 2.8 Quattro Sport - the gentleman's cruiser