View Single Post
Old 16th April 2019, 11:12 AM

I use PH neutral shampoos - usually PoorBoys https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/...r-shampoo.aspx

currently trialling UF's own brand, but will be going back to PoorBoys for next order

I don't think there is any wax in either of these.

I do not wax or polish afterwards as I have a ceramic coat, should not use anything mildly abrasive like polishes, quick detailer is adequate for a final product, am planning to try finishing with AG Extra Gloss Protection but first need to check for abrasives in the product.

My routine is:

1. Snowfoam applied on dry car (i.e. not pre-rinsed) and left to dwell for 10ish minutes.
2. During the 10 minutes, I use a detailing brush to clean grilles, badges, etc
3. Rinse off
4. Clean wheels - I use Valet Pro Bilberry https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/...l-cleaner.aspx or a stronger IronX type product if they are especially dirty, then hand wash with small bucket of shampoo and wheel brushes, then rinse with jetwash
5. Apply 2nd snow foam
6. Without rinsing the 2nd foam, hand wash using two buckets with grit guards, PH neutral shampoo and wool wash mitt
7. Rinse
8. Dry horizontal surfaces and glass with the fluffy green towel in previous post
9. Buff same surfaces and dry vertical surfaces with Gyeon drying towel
10. Finish off with my BigBoi BlowR Pro - these are not cheap and not effective without a drying towel to assist.

My next investment will be in to a walter filter, which should mean I can skip the towel drying phase altogether and go straight to blow drying

All the above is for a maintenance wash, every 4-6 weeks I do a more detailed routine that would include de-tarring, ironX and a claymitt, though have to be careful not to affect the ceramic coat with this
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Last edited by sarg; 16th April 2019 at 11:15 AM.