View Single Post
Old 9th August 2021, 08:40 AM

Facelift (58/09-onwards) brochure attached below, which is quite interesting to flick through.

The fingerprint starter is a bit of a gimmick. It sounds like a great idea (and I'm surprised it didn't catch on with other manufacturers tbh) but is unreliable and clunky in reality, and is only really useful for bragging that you have a fingerprint reader which can start your car.

Solar sunroof, again, is a nice option but I personally didn't find it terribly effective when it came to it's only purpose -- I think I'd prefer a glass sunroof if looking for a D3 again. The UV-reflective glass and rear/side blinds seemed to do a better job of keeping the car from getting extremely hot in the sun.

B&O is fantastic and the improvements over Bose are vast. It's definitely worth finding a car with it spec'd.

The D3's ACC is quite primitive but I was a fan of it on mine. 4 pre-set distances, and it worked well apart from the odd time in very heavy rain with lots of spray, and obviously snow, when an error message flashed up and told you that the sensor is blocked. Fancy cars such as the Porsche Cayenne have heated radar cruise control covers to prevent this.

Don't bother with massage seats, they're crap. Ventilated seats are quite pleasant if it has it them spec'd, but don't base your search around them.

Soft-close doors are a nice option, only standard on S8/W12.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A8 - Feb 09.pdf (4.88 MB, 188 views)
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8

Last edited by Conquistador; 10th August 2021 at 10:57 AM.