Thread: Battery drain?
View Single Post
Old 6th September 2016, 05:12 AM

Based on an issue I'm having, I was going to suggest the alternator.
My battery goes flat in 3-4 days regardless of how much it's driven (it's my daily). Alternator charges at 13.2 or 13.4 volts. Don't know what amperage it produces, but as it should be charging around 14.4V and long drives don't significantly charge the battery, I'm confident the alternator is stuffed.
There's also anecdotal evidence that a collapsed voltage regulator circuit can actually act as a power drain.

The battery was renewed when the voltage drain was first detected, so I know that's not the issue and the old battery is a good spare now!

I will also check the condition of the chassis stud too, but we don't get salted roads down here!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)