View Single Post
Old 18th August 2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Have been looking at buying a new car, well not new but another and I do not like what I see for the prices that are being asked. So I have been expanding my search to include brand new Leaf and now also considering used Model S. They are still very expensive starting from £25k and 4wd from £30k. With that kind of money it would have to be 4wd and real make or brake question is does it come with transferrable free supercharging and how to easily find out for each car. If I can get free SC it does make sense for me to buy one. I understand that on 2017+ cars free SC are not transferrable but how to tell for earlier car?
2017 is the cut-off date for transferable supercharging -I'd have to double check exactly when - and the easiest way is to ask the seller. They should be prominently advertising this, as it's a major selling point. If they don't know, then Tesla should be able to tell you from the VIN number (on the drivers side of the windscreen).

The other key points to bear in mind are (fairly obviously, probably...):
Questions:
1) how much of the battery/drivetrain warranty is remaining (it's 8 years/unlimited mileage)?
2) has the centre screen/MCU been replaced already?

Considerations:
A) the increasing value of lifetime free supercharging, where available: some (lots!) of Tesla - and other - EV owners are starting to grumble about increasing EV charging rates, both at Tesla SuCs and other chargers. The consequence of that will be that cars with transferable free supercharging will hold their value/be worth more as this trend continues.
B) the low running cost, other than "fuel", of these cars. Once you've bought it, the running cost is comparatively minimal.

I hope this helps - the bad news is Tesla production is already sold out until 2022, and for that reason it's harder than usual to get hold of used stock, as those who want a Tesla this year are having to trawl the used market: Mark/Moltuae's lovely P100D found a new home almost instantly, so it may be hard to find one at a good price.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.