View Single Post
Old 19th February 2020, 02:10 PM

Default For Sale: D2 4.2 S8

Two owners D2 4.2 S8, 160,407 miles. MOT till 25-OCT-2020.

The good: It has been my daily driver for 19 years. Always professionally maintained. It is still a beautiful drive.

Why am I selling?: I am getting older faster than the car is. I need to own at least one D3 V10 while I can still enjoy driving such a beast. (You might see it lurking behind the D2 in the photos)

The bad: Scratched passenger side rear wing, radio is dead, rear tyres are the only unfixed advisories on the last MOT. Neither external mirror retracts.

The ugly: It is Cat C registered. Insurer wrote it off after a tiny low speed bingle, quoting £5000 repair. I bought the wreck and it was back on the road with £150 of front mudguard and suspension arm from Prestige.

Repair history: I fairly recently (2017) had the wheels powder coated and I changed the mottled windscreen for a much nicer one from Prestige about the same time.
The beast from the East storm awarded me a new boot lid, one of the mirrors and some light panel work. Much longer ago I needed a gearbox rebuild, and a ECU repair after it flooded with aircon condensate.

Price: £1000 to forum readers, as a gesture of thanks to how helpful the forum and its sponsors have been. I know it is silly, but I rather like the idea of it finding a good home.

This does not seem to be going anywhere. I have to be out of the country for 5 weeks starting soon. I would like to hear even vague expressions of interest. It will have to go on e-bay or be scrapped when I get back. Please get in touch.

I'm finally back home. I spent the best part of the £1000 I am asking on another ticket, because I was going nowhere for months on the return half of my first one. So this is now last chance saloon for owning this lovely machine for chump change.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Elliott S8 fl.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	501.3 KB
ID:	22915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elliott S8 fr.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	502.9 KB
ID:	22916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elliott S8 rr.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	22917   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elliott S8 rl.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	22918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elliott S8 Interior front.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	503.6 KB
ID:	22919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elliott S8 interior rear.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	502.9 KB
ID:	22920  

Last edited by ElliottRo; 17th May 2020 at 09:46 PM. Reason: I am back from AU and this car is still with me.