View Single Post
Old 15th August 2017, 03:56 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Nice one Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
I think that's a few of us with D2 S8s that have recently sailed through MOTs without advisories - testament to the quality of the vehicle and - of course - the high standards of maintenance
I hate being without my S8, so when it has to go into the garage for anything I give them a long list of jobs and things to check in an attempt to get everything done at the same time and also to pre-empt any potential issues. Sometimes it even gets an oil change when the oil is just a couple of thousand miles old, just so that it doesn't have to go in again for a while. I tell them to check it over and if they spot any potential issue -- anything at all -- to fix it. As a result it rarely even gets an advisory these days, though it helps that the garages I use also do the MOT. They know the car so well that they're really just going through the motions when it comes to the MOT.

With all the work I've had done in the last year (including a new front subframe, power steering hoses, a major service, the dreaded 'oil cooler pipe' and a gearbox rebuild), I spent so much on the damn thing that even my accountant made a comment about my "beloved S8" when doing my tax returns recently!

The good news is that he tells me, because most of my mileage in the vehicle is business related, I can claim 95% of the maintenance cost against tax .... so the nice taxman is helping to keep this S8 on the road
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust