View Single Post
Old 5th October 2017, 06:26 PM

Well, spare/project/idea/dream, call it how ever you want

I do believe D3 S8 will become more popular/classic in the future as one of the last if not last saloon with a V10 engine under the bonnet.
But that is not the reason.
I'm hoping next year when I get rotating engine stand, 3 ton ramp on my driveway under the carport and an engine trolley for dropping the engine to actually completely rebuild it at my own pace whenever I have spare time without rushing.
Yeah, lets call it a project - come on, it's a V10. How many people do we know who had an opportunity to rebuild a V10?

The engine it self is actually better than mine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Am I crazy or not normal, who knows

After 3 attempts to buy a D4 S8 and RS6 recently I've decided to keep the car for now - it's the engine, it's almost like V8 is not good enough anymore.
Yes they have all the turbos and all that, but not enough cylinders.
Hence I'm throwing even more money now at it as per my project thread by replacing a lot of stuff and making it as mint as possible - I doubt it will ever be mint, but idea is out there so we will see.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten