View Single Post
Old 13th October 2018, 03:59 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have VCDS and there are no reported transmission faults. Car has done this maybe 3 times. There are no clunking noises at all and shifts seem pretty smooth. No fault indicator lights on the transmission indicator. The issue only happens when I am already at a complete stand still, traffic lights etc. The last time this happened was whilst having a fairly steady drive to work some nob pulled along side me at some traffic lights, clearly intending to cut me off as the lanes went from 2 to 1. Car was in drive, I moved lever to tip mode to check what gear was displayed on the dash. According to that we were in first. I put back to drive ready to set off (not sport mode). On setting off it was clear she wanted to take it steady. I was left looking like the guy who took the moral high ground and let the other guy in. On this occasion, I didn't want to be that guy. Push further on the throttle and she changes down and away we go.

Car has only done 87000 mls and gearbox oil and strainer have been changed recently.

My gut feeling is that this is normal after periods of smooth driving. Also bear in mind that I disconnect the battery quite often whilst working on the car so maybe the car has had no time to learn my driving style.

What I was hoping is that you guys would tell me this is normal and you have all experienced this when driving steady. If that's not the case than clearly she is doing something unusual and thus a potential future problem.

MAF meter likely to have any influence over this?