View Single Post
Old 18th December 2015, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Hi Oli,

Normally I simply fill up without any 'authorisation' and without letting Shell know the pump number. This is important to understand. I simply get out of car and fill it up on 'no questions asked' basis. Only after that I pay. This is called trust. It looks like there is less trust for people with the app in comparison with people without app. Compromising trust is a big thing. Think about it.

Still not clear as to why 'authorising' payment and knowing which pump I am using, etc. can't be done after I finished filling up? Let the guy with the app fill up first like you allow this to all other people and then he will photograph the barcode and get charged in a couple of seconds. This can be done from the car too if needed. If authorisation won't work due to lack of signal or for whatever other reason I can always go and pay at the till.
That would wind me up no end, arrive at said fuel station, get out fill up, get back in the car, try and fail at the app because of some server error and then have to get back out of the car and go and pay some other way, its not about trust it just makes more efficient use of your time to do the approval first and if you don't have your wallet with you your not left standing with a full tank of fuel and no way to pay if there was a problem with the app no