View Single Post
Old 16th August 2019, 01:27 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

I knew you'd know what they were MJ!

Hmmm, so hopefully not too important then?

The story is, I had my inlet manifold replaced yesterday (I had a complete 'new old' manifold that I bought ages ago). There wasn't really anything wrong with the existing manifold but I had been plagued with an oily stink for ages, which turned out to be the valley cover gasket, so the manifold had to come off to get to it. The mechanic seems to have done a great job but he gave those parts to me afterwards, assuming they'd fallen out of the old manifold. Presumably they just 'aid' initial alignment and (since they've managed to fit the new manifold without them), they're not needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Drat - I was just about to say that
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust