View Single Post
Old 17th September 2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Wow! Never seen one do that before

Did it do that on the move?
Was reversing and turning out of the drive when it dropped. Was considering getting taxi to nearest ECP get the part, axle stands and tools and fix it myself. But choose to do emergency join AA. AA guy by the looks did not want to do anything and just called recovery truck, said he could net get part locally but both GFS and ECP were showing them in stock in both Coventry and Leicester ( I was in Lutterworth area). I wish I had gone the taxi to ECP way.

There was no other damage initially but moving it on and off the truck chewed up wheel arch liner, damaged wing and tyre. He was not able to drop it in font of my hose due to other parked cars and when I tried to move car couple of meters forward driveshaft tripod popped out as it was too stretched. Also after about and hour noticed puddle under opposite corner, brake caliper was leaking, they must have disturbed it when strapping car to truck. When I changed caliper I decided it's a good idea to change the hose as well and the pipe cracked as it was too rusty.

This was original almost 19 years old arm, still has date stapms on rubber bushes from 2000 and done 232k miles.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure