View Single Post
Old 5th December 2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Presumably you've tried them both ways round as the polarity matters?

It really shouldn't matter if they're CANBUS or not, but the second ones linked to look like an older (dimmer) type; I always buy SMD ones (usually yellow squares) as they're better.

My numberplate LED's failed a while back and it happened to get noticed while it was being (majorly) serviced so the garage (Fontain) put in standard bulbs. I haven't bothered replacing them and for a rear yellow numberplate it doesn't really matter so not sure if/when I will.

Did you see the comment in my wheels thread on SRS? Someone there said you might be interested in my PF Avus 18's for winter wheels when I free them up - not yet though........
I have tried them both ways Andrew and also put a meter on them to conform the diodes are allowing flow both ways (they do out of interest, so polarity doesn't matter).

As mentioned I'll check the resistance later, but I have also been thinking along the lines of swapping to standard bulbs. Does it really matter against the yellow number plate?

I'd not seen your winter wheels thread, but I am interested. My problem is one of money right now. Do they (or will they) have winter tyres on, or is it just the wheels?