View Single Post
Old 16th March 2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Yes I have seen this, it's a group of people forking away from core Monero, kind of like Bitcoin Cash or Gold or Litecoin Cash did, it does not affect the Monero who will stay with the current algo for now. While the BCH has been somewhat succesful, BTG and LCC less so far, I suspect MoneroV as it's called will be more like BTG or LCC rather than BCH so this does not put me off too much from Antminer X3 and there are other coins running same algo as well. D3 has been a bit of disaster, but Bitmain are sellinng them again @$550 so it shows how much profit they potentially make on each at full price. R&D costs aside they are probably less than $200 to make. After D3 I chickened out on cheap Giant X10 in November and they are still making good money. I guess many others chickened out as well so they did not sell too many which helps with profitability. I took a chance on A3 although it looked like it could be another D3, it has arrived now and still earning OK, at current rate it will pay back in 2 months, as the profitability goes down maybe in 4-6 months which is still OK. It might be going in waves and more people might buy X3 seeing as A3 still does OK and too many might be sold again which could result in D3 story again. That's why I am being cautious and do not want to buy one on my own but we are strongly considering buying 1 between 2 of us to spread the risk.

It's a shame there are no more $300 Bitmain coupons for sale on e-bay anymore but still plenty of $200 at cheap prices to bring the cost down a little bit and I still have 3x $100 and 1x $125 coupons of my own after using my $200 coupon for L3+ which actually shipped today so should be arriving next week. Don't know where i will put it as my garage was 40C today and one of S9's had switched off while the other was running 110C+

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure