View Single Post
Old 14th April 2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Haha no hadn't spoilt my fun.
I was going to go with a quantum map, says around 25bhp increase which i thought was good given that its a NA engine.
Its a plug and play jobby, no rolling road setup.
I have one on my 2.2ST tdci work car and its a very good company, improved everything!

Now this other chap at powerflow i think its a live road setup but not 100% on that yet.
At the mo we are just going with afrint and centre section with one pair of cats removed. More V sound.
If i then decide its still not enough he will do another section.
I want to keep the standard look of the end pipes. Not interested in making it obvious looks wise.

Yes I agree with you all and I would be completely suprised by a 75bhp increase with just a custom map. But he has obviously played with his w12 which i believe is about the same bhp as standard around the 450 mark. I would be over the moon but so long as the engine is not working to capacity. I still want it reliable!
Anyway its all booked for the 25th of this month so will see what we see!
25bhp gain would be reasonable, 75bhp... Maybe with the wind behind it and all of the cats removed it might be possible, but that's not far off a 20% power gain which is almost unheard of from a N/A car without uprated cams etc.

Maybe he's writing the file himself, maybe he's getting it written for him (not uncommon and by no means a bad thing depending on who's doing it), however if he's a Powerflow dealer, Powerflow are owned by Top Gear, who also do engine tuning and I know you can buy kits from them to start remapping. Checking their website they quote 25bhp for the S8 D3, not 75bhp.

http://www.topgear-tuning.com/index....di-power-gains

It would be worth double checking if he's writing the map himself or if it's coming in from someone. Like I said that's no bad thing necessarily if it is being done by someone else, but just make sure you're clear on power figures first.

I do remapping myself (have done for the last 5 years) and am quite used to people ringing up and saying they've been promised XYZ output from their car from another tuner, can we beat it. And upon checking to see if the info they were given was correct, a good 50% of the time it isn't.