View Single Post
Old 4th February 2021, 08:26 PM

well the hunt for a replacement inner rear light is proving fruitless..... it WAS just the lens which needed replacing until one morning a ping on the dash..... rear bulb out (where's the OMG emoji?)

yup, half the LED's said goodbye and shuffled off.... bugger and bugger a bit more. The cost of a new replacement made even my eyes water. there are next to no secondhand ones on the market, and the small number which are are either nearly the new cost, or next to scrap..... so rebuild time it is...!!!

a quick Google and an order later and a small bag of 50 straw hat 5mm LED's arrived....

started removing.... and now on hold as ran out of time.....

once i've got the boards rebuilt i'll split the lens to rebuild that and sort out the "melted" are and clean up and reseal.

In other news a new battery arrived as the old one was not holding charge and not wanting to over work the alternator. Again a quick Goole and an order later...

locate the old one

remove and replace

of course you can't just fit them, the fact that aftermarket batteries don't come with the required BEM code etc a cheat is required..... so after going onto module 61 Battery reg, all i did was change the suffix on the part number to the next letter and the coding i increased the last number up 1.... then it's just a case of accept coding.

and now a healthy 14.6V on charging, where previously it was sat at 12.2V

Last edited by 89forever; 14th August 2021 at 10:05 AM.